Revisiting yet another old friend

Even though some readers on here probabl consider me to be a leading authority in the natural treatment of BXO these days, even I forget what I've done sometimes. Recently, I was reading through my old posts and reminded myself of a treatment that I found effective but I've since stopped - Comfrey.

Re-reading through what I used to say about it, it was great at creating some aggressive peeling. Why not give it a try again?

I have a stash of some dried Comfrey leaves, from a wild plant that grows close to where I live. Yesterday I decided to make up a batch of ultra-strong Comfrey tea, which I can then apply to my skin. I heated some water up to just below boiling, crushed the leaves, then threw them into the water and left them soaking for a few hours. Eventually, I filtered the leaves out, then heated it over a low heat until the water had entirely evaporated. I then added a small amount of water back and froze the mixture into tiny cubes.

Last night, I applied a couple of treatments. All I do is rub the ice cube over my skin, which causes it to melt and leave a dark-coloured liquid on my skin. Then, I leave it.

Within about 30 minutes, I started to feel some very slight itching, but nothing uncomfortable. I left this on overnight.

The next morning, I had a shower and noticed some very significant things had happened.

First, the white BXO skin was immediately pronounced. I've said before that this look reminds me of how skin around the fingernails looks after you've been swimming for a long time.

Second, on the areas where BXO was never as pronounced, there was just a general amount of 'soft peeling' the whole way around. By 'soft peeling' I mean that you can rub it off and you're left with a slightly tacky substance, rather that pieces of hard skin.

Thirdly, on the glans itself (the area I'm actually targeting specifically) some of the paler skin had an appearance I can only describe as 'furry'. I don't mean fur like a mouse. I mean fur like a material that has an ever so slight furry texture to it. Again, this will be skin peeling in a different way.

To be fair, the dosage I'm using is pretty potent. I boiled an extract down to a solid, then re-dissolved it in a small amount of water. So what I'm seeing is Comfrey being as powerful as it can be, but still.. damn!

Another interesting thing of note is how some other minor cuts I had on my fingers have progressed their healing considerably overnight. This is just from me handling the plant matter after filtering it out of the 'tea'.

I know some people have issues accessing Comfrey treatments, so I will perhaps do a separate post just about the plant and give some suggestions as to where you can find it yourself. None of the Comfrey I've used has been from a bought source. All of it has come from stuff I've picked in the wild.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

BXO Healing Guide

Update on final cleanup