The return of Tea Tree Oil

Earlier I had been using moisturiser and trying to look after my skin, but I'm not sure it makes a great deal of difference. Maybe it would if I used it when the entire area was healed, but it's not. I'm at a tricky stage where some of my skin needs healing treatments, while some of my skin needs attacking treatments. It's difficult to balance them out.

I've been using Tea Tree Oil again. I started for one reason, and one reason alone - I wanted it to burn. This might sound strange, but there's a reason. Recall me saying earlier that skin that has been wounded and heals seems to heal as normal, healthy skin. While the wound is painful and the inconvenient, what I end up with is BXO skin that heals back to normal in a fraction of the time it would normally take to heal back to the same stage. This is really annoying. I don't want to go cutting myself, and I'd be an idiot to do that given the track record of infections, but I pondered whether I could produce the same kind of effect from a topical treatment - albeit on just the top layers. I recall when I first started using TTO, it made even healthy skin peel. This seemed to be a good idea.

There are really two options I can think of. Tea Tree Oil, and acid peels. Tea Tree Oil causes a burning sensation. Some people advise keeping it away from healthy skin "as it can burn". It does. So, I wondered whether perhaps it's possible to use that burning to create a place where the body has to heal something, then heals as healthy skin.

The second option is acid peels. Recall that I've tried an acid peel in the past, but I tried it on skin that was covered with very thick BXO skin. That was some time ago, and my skin has changed a lot since then. Perhaps it's now thin enough for the acid peel to achieve something useful?

I would like to try something, but in the meantime, I'll playing it safe and sticking to TTO. But I'm using it a lot more than I used to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide