It's time to be nice to my skin

I've had a bit of time to do research lately, and there's a few things I've been discovering.

First is how much snake oil there is out there that someone supposedly thinks is the magical cure to LS. I've found everything from "put 100% organic cotton wool in your ears" to "use this frequency-generating therapy, and pick these exact frequencies for LS" to "it's the thyroid" to "it's liver congestion" to "it's an autoimmune disorder" to "it's hereditary" to "it's your diet; cut out dairy, high oxalate foods, sugar, alcohol, wheat, gluten, meat, eggs, or any other food that is edible" to "your immune system is compromised" to "your immune system is overactive". The annoying thing is that, for all I know, one or more could hold the key to my LS. But because there's so much white noise out there on the subject, I'm not about to keep spending money trying different therapies. What I'm doing is working. Given time, I'm sure I'll reach a much more acceptable state of remission.

But, among the comments I've read was one that stuck out for me. A number of women have said that LS is dry skin, so needs to be moisturised. This went totally against what I found. I and many other men have found that keeping the skin dry is vital to progress. Or is it?? Or is it just that keeping the skin dry of urine, semen and sweat is vital to progress and I've gotten my wires crossed?

I'm beginning to wonder whether I may have reached the stage where I need to stop 'attacking' my BXO and start focusing on 'healing' the skin more. As more and more healthy tissue comes through (albeit very slowly) I'm thinking it may no longer be sensible to continue harsh treatments. The other thing to realise is that experimenting isn't a bad thing. I have, up until now, had the attitude that every single hour of treatment matters. It doesn't. I started this journey almost four months ago now. One hour or even one day doesn't mean squat in the big scheme of things. So today I'm wearing Manuka Honey and Creme Complete all day. Manuka Honey is the new addition to my daytime regime. For now, at least, there's no more nappy rash powder, tea tree oil or hydrogen peroxide. It's Clobetasol once a day, then wiped off after 30 minutes if there is any left, followed immediately by Manuka Honey.  I always notice my skin going a bit red after the Clobetasol, and less so after Manuka Honey.

I'll see how it looks over the next few days. I have my follow-up visit with my doctor in just over a week's time. I want it to look as good as I can for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide