The benefits of Talcum powder

I've been on Clobetasol now for about 2.5 weeks, and the results are the same as at my last post. Consistent progress, but hardly lightning pace compared to the natural treatments I was using before. This says one of three things (perhaps a combination):

  • The skin I am now targeting is the inner skin, which is much much slower to peel away, so although it appears slow, it would have been even slower without the Clob
  • I'm among the group of people who doesn't really respond to Clobetasol treatment. No negative side-effects, but not massive progress either
  • My skin was already recovering as quickly as the body would allow using the natural treatments, so throwing a more powerful medication at it just won't make anything happen any faster than was already happening
I had thought that Clobetasol was the 'holy grail' of medicine when it came to treating BXO, but it turns out it is, for me at least, only a little bit better than what I had been using. This should be encouraging for those treating themselves naturally. 

Yesterday, I became concerned as to whether I was seeing ANY progress, so decided to apply something I hadn't in a while - nappy rash powder. Within a couple of hours, I could see the edges of peeling skin in many locations. I felt a lot better about it, just seeing that. As I think I've said on here before, where there's peeling, there's progress. So whenever you see peeling, that's a sign the progress is still happening. 

Perhaps the powder just shows the peeling that was already there, perhaps it encourages it. I'll never know, but what I do know is this. When I see peeling, I feel happier. When I feel happier, you'd assume, my body is more inclined to heal itself faster. I've read remarks that BXO can be triggered by emotional trauma. How much truth there is in that remains to be seen or proven. Some people can be very melodramatic and enjoy being victims. I think for those people, it's easy to 'blame' their BXO on some traumatic experience, as it ultimately helps generate more sympathy from others.  All that being said, it does make sense that staying optimistic during what's actually an excruciatingly slow recovery can only be a good thing.

The funny thing was, I thought for a while that powder had stopped being effective, so I stopped using it. Yesterday, I wondered whether clobetasol + the other natural treatments had stopped working. It does appear that combination treatments really are the most effective.

Once again, I should point out that my theory that my BXO was caused by urine trapped under my foreskin is yet to be proven incorrect. The whole time this recovery has been going on, the ONE thing I have done consistently is keep the area dry and clear of any urine. The one time I didn't, the BXO skin became somewhat inflamed for a little while. I know that's not enough to base a scientific conclusion on, but if you do a hunt around the web for other men who have treated their BXO naturally, you'll generally find the consensus is that keeping the area dry is ALWAYS effective in combating the problem. 

I'll close today by pondering another question. Why is it that I have areas that have been injured and healed up as normal skin, while other areas of skin of similar depth remain white? Progress in this recovery is slow, we all know that. But why is it that a couple of spots that were injured have been able to heal fully back to normal skin, and have been healed for about a month even? This almost has me pondering whether anyone has considered or tried derma rolling on BXO affected skin. I'd almost lay money that that would provide some additional benefit. Not while the BXO skin is too thick, obviously, but later in the recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide