August Week One update

My aim for August is to discover treatments that work faster than what I used for the first month and half. The reason for this should be pretty obvious. One of the pieces to this puzzle, I believe, is Tea Tree Oil. As I mentioned at the end of July, I had briefly experimented with it for a couple of days, before getting scared by the burning of healthy skin, so I stopped. But then I noticed a decent amount of peeling some 4 days later. That was enough to convince me to try again.

At the moment, my daily treatment begins with applying a small amount of Manuka Honey to a small wound, and keeping the area dry after urination. In the evening, I then let the area dry out, and do some gentle scrubbing with my finger once the area has more friction. I find I'm always finding skin flaking off at that stage. I then apply Tea Tree Oil with a cotton bud, and cover my head with my foreskin. This creates a slightly warm burning sensation, but not one that I'd describe as unpleasant. Once I've had it like that for a while, I'll pull the skin back and start scrubbing again with the cotton bud. At the moment, every night without fail, I'm seeing more skin peeling off when I do this. Once I go to bed, I apply Manuka Honey all over.

You'll notice there's no Hydrogen Peroxide in there, and yet it's still peeling. Tonight, I tried some hydrogen peroxide for an hour, and of course it peeled afterward, but no more than without it. I don't see any harm in it, and perhaps after a few days of using it as well as the Tea Tree Oil, I'll notice more rapid progress. But in saying that, I'm seeing nightly peeling on my inner skin after using Tea Tree Oil and Manuka Honey alone - this is a really positive sign. Once my last raw wound has fully healed, I'll perhaps consider adding a second Tea Tree Oil treatment to my day. I've read about some guys who do it 5 or 6 times a day. Personally, I think that's excessive and is just a waste of oil. But if twice a day treatment speeds up peeling compared to once a day, I might reconsider.

My mystery product is still in transit. I'm not expecting it for at least another week yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide