I've been using Creme Complete

Time to reveal my mystery product. It arrived nearly two weeks ago, and I've been treating myself with it every day since then, so am in a position to be able to speak about its effectiveness.

The product is made by Perrin Naturals, and is called "Creme Complete". It's an all-natural creme that many users have found very effective on Lichen Sclerosus. I ordered it at the start of the month, as part of my aim to find faster ways of healing my BXO.

Does it work? I believe it does, yes. As you know, I've been using a combination of different treatments, each with its own purpose.

Primarily, I've been using Tea Tree Oil. I apply it to the affected area with a cotton bud, then slide my skin forwards over the head. It gives an unusual 'burning' sensation for a little while, but then tapers off. The thing I like about the Tea Tree Oil is that it seems to create peeling on the surrounding areas as well as the obviously white BXO areas.

3% Hydrogen Peroxide is a good way of encouraging peeling of the skin that has already died - but then so is soaking in a hot bath for a while. Soak it for long enough, let it dry fully, and it's unusual not to see peeling.

Both these treatments (especially the Tea Tree Oil) can be a little harsh and make the area slightly inflamed, so a good way to counteract this is to apply Manuka Honey as an overnight treatment. I have a retainer I made out of a baby bottle nipple which holds my foreskin over the head all the time, so I don't end up with Manuka Honey all over the insides of my underwear from nocturnal erections.

All these treatments have been working for me, so when the Creme Complete arrived, I wanted to ensure I didn't abandon everything in favour of an untested treatment. As a rule, I apply it every night, after putting the Manuka Honey on my phimotic ring. It's a good 'healer' rather than 'attacker', so if I ever get a little sore from the tea tree oil, it's a good thing to put on during the day.

What Creme Complete appears to be very good at is encouraging the BXO skin to come away. When I let the area dry out after having had Creme Complete on overnight, the white ring in particular always looks very dry and ready to peel - kind of like the skin around a pimple that has been inflamed but is now healing. I don't peel it (much) though. I let it come away in its own time. I took some photos of the ring last weekend, and then again today under identical light and the progress is very noticeable. It's never been noticeable from one week to the next before. There's hardly an area of BXO skin where I'm not seeing peeling in some form of another, and there are new red (healthy) patches coming up in a few places too.

But anyway... here we are nearing the end of August. This was the month I said I was wanting to find faster ways of healing. Have I done that? I think so. Considering there was once a time when my progress was so slow I didn't know if I was even making progress, for me now to be saying I think I've found faster ways of making progress I think speaks volumes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide