Doctor's visit

Today I saw my doctor who confirmed my diagnosis of BXO. I've been given some clobetasol to apply once a day, and have a follow-up appointment in a month's time. He also suggested circumcision, which is not an option I'm going to pursue. Today, I've been thinking about why that is.

I was circumcised as an infant, and I began my foreskin restoration in early adulthood after wanting a) to reclaim what had been taken from me but, perhaps more importantly, b) to increase my sensitivity. Before I began restoring, I had so little sensitivity that sex with condoms gave me absolutely no sensation whatsoever. So I'm not going back there. The only thing my BXO prevents me from doing is that, and there's zero point in resolving one problem by creating another.

My doctor said that, while the symptoms might resolve from the clobetasol, the affected skin might remain thinner and tighter, but circumcision would resolve this. Circumcision removes skin, so will only make the remaining skin tighter. I said to him that I feel like, if I were to continue doing what I am doing right now indefinitely, I feel like i would eventually overcome it. The only reason for seeking medical treatment was to try and speed up my recovery. If it's going to invite the unwelcome conversation topic of circumcision, I'll go right back into my 'natural healing' path that was, in fact, working for me.Nonetheless, I'm seeing him again in a month's time. In between now and then, I'll be making sure I pile on the tea tree oil, manuka honey and Perrin creme complete at night. Even though surgery is ultimately my choice, I still want to show up at the clinic and get a "wow, that's looking much better" from him.

I've been looking at my progress photos today and really am quite shocked at how bad I once was. I've been a bit slack at taking photos lately, so the newest I have is from almost a month ago. It's amazing really how bad it looked, and how much progress I made in the month of August. Let's not forget that. Let's also not forget that the only reason I saw a doctor was because I had an infection that needed antibiotics. If that hadn't happened, I'd still be dealing with this on my own and making progress.

So for the next 28 days, it's 'all hands to the pump' to get this thing under control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide