A change in approach?

This blog is about my journey to oblierate BXO using only natural methods, so what I'm about to say may shock some people. Tomorrow, i am going to see a doctor. Of course, there's a story.

Two weeks ago, I had a cut on the underside of my penis (thanks to BXO) that got infected, and no natural treatment was enough. Not only that, I had been trying really hard to keep the area clean and dry to prevent it from getting infected, but it still did. I decided that was a sign that I still don't quite have my BXO under control. Regardless of that, an infection is bad news and needs to be treated, so I had my hand forced. I figured that, since I was going to a doctor to lose my dignity and get my infection treated, I may as well talk about my BXO while I was at it.

The doctor looked at it, and didn't think it was LS. He said that LS normally eats away at you, and if I had had it for over two years, I'd be in a much worse state than I am. I told him the things I had been doing to keep in under control, and also said that if he'd seen me 3 months ago it would have looked much worse. He was supportive of what I had been doing to manage it. I had some blood tests done to rule out an STD (no risk of that given all the sex I haven't been having) and a swab sample taken, which all came back clear. I was given oral and topical treatments, which cleared the infection up but of course, haven't really moved the white skin. I've since made another appointment to discuss the underlying condition, because as I said to the nurse who rung me to tell me that my results were all clear, this is the second infection I've had in two years and what I was doing should not have caused an infection.

So tomorrow, I'm seeing my GP to talk about my BXO. The attitude I'm taking to the whole thing is this: If I were to do nothing apart from what I'm doing now, my BXO would eventually heal. But it will take many months, perhaps even years. I'm not getting any younger, and I simply don't have the time or patience to wait. I need to address some matters in my life, and right now I can't while I have this condition. So I'm seeing the doctor in the hope that I can get some treatment that will heal me faster than what I'm doing now. Managing the condition after the fact will, in theory, be something I can do naturally myself. Perrin Creme Complete is definitely helping too.

So let's see what happens tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As good as it gets (with pics)

Update on final cleanup

BXO Healing Guide